Friday, April 23, 2010

Box #2 Knocked Down

I was driving through Durand today and took a detour through Tarrant Park to check the bluebird boxes.  I had two surprises - one humorous, the other not so much.  I had to chuckle when I noticed a motorcycle and car parked down and out of the way - over by box #8.  An odd place to park at noon-ish.  Not so surprising when two heads popped up in the back seat of the car...

I just went about my business checking the bluebird box.  Box #2 provided a surprise of a different nature:  It looked as though the box had been smacked off the pole and left on the ground. 


I fixed the box and put it back up on the pole.

Here's the rest of the report:

Box 1:  House sparrow nest and egg

Box 2:  Bluebird Nest no eggs

Box 3:  Bluebird nest, 2 eggs

Box 4:   no activity

Box 5:  4 Bluebird eggs

Box 6:  5 bluebird eggs

Box 7:  beginning of a nest, adult male bluebird nearby

Box 8:  5 bluebird eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment